Attie’s practice focuses on insurance coverage counseling and litigation. She has expertise in analyzing and litigating insurance coverage issues arising from a broad range of claims, including construction defect, pollution, automobile liability, professional liability, additional insured status, contractual indemnity and extracontractual/bad faith liability. As part of her practice, she frequently authors coverage opinions and coverage position letters on behalf of insurers.
Attie has experience litigating both first-party claims and third-party claims. She has represented insurers in matters involving claims under commercial general liability, professional liability, automobile liability, uninsured/underinsured motorist, homeowners, workmen’s compensation/employer’s liability, and excess/umbrella policies in courts throughout Louisiana and other states. On behalf of insurers, Attie has been successful in obtaining summary judgment at the trial court level and in handling appeals and oral argument before Louisiana Courts of Appeal.
- Louisiana: all courts
- United States District Courts: Eastern, Middle and Western Districts of Louisiana
- United States Court of Appeals: Fifth Circuit
- University of Texas, BA 1998
- Louisiana State University, JD, BCL 2002
- AV Preeminent® Rated by Martindale-Hubbell
- Federation of Defense and Corporate Counsel
- Louisiana Association of Defense Counsel
- Defense Research Institute
- Louisiana State Bar Association
- New Orleans Bar Association
- Lycée Francais de la Nouvelle-Orléans, Served as General Director, La Liaison; Co-Chair Annual Fundraiser for Music Program
- Ogden Museum of Southern Art, Kohlmeyer Circle Member
- Children’s Hospital Guild, Member