Kenan’s practice focuses on defending product manufacturers and premises owners in mass tort environmental exposure litigation. He serves as national coordinating counsel for discovery, expert witnesses and trial strategies for product manufacturers. He has successfully represented clients in hundreds of claims arising from refineries, shipyards, sugar mills, ports and other industrial facilities throughout Louisiana, Texas and neighboring states.
While Kenan often obtains dismissals through motion practice, he has also tried cases to successful jury verdicts. Kenan has substantial class action experience, including the defense of a water treatment facility for alleged distribution of contaminated water and claims related to the demolition of hundreds of properties in the aftermath of Katrina. Additionally, Kenan represents defendants in general liability matters on a range of claims and coverage issues. He is also available as an expert witness on the assessment of reasonableness of attorney’s fees in cases.
- Louisiana: all courts
- United States District Courts: Eastern, Middle and Western Districts of Louisiana
- United States Court of Appeals: Fifth Circuit
- United States Supreme Court
- Middlebury College, BA 1988
- Tulane University, JD cum laude 1994
- Louisiana Association of Defense Counsel
- New Orleans Association of Defense Counsel
- Defense Research Institute
- Chaired Annual Giving Campaign for Ben Franklin High School
- Chaired Middlebury Alumni Admissions Committee for Louisiana
- Habitat for Humanity