With more than 40 years of experience representing primary and excess insurance carriers and Fortune 500 companies, Joe has defended cases throughout Louisiana in the areas of products liability, medical device, automobile/trucking/transportation, premises liability and general liability.
In both state and federal court, he has successfully tried cases to verdict involving personal injury, wrongful death and first and third-party property matters. He has also handled appeals in all five state appellate courts and the Louisiana Supreme Court. A strong proponent of mediation, Joe has resolved over 200 lawsuits in this manner through a focused, professional and savvy approach to litigation.
Joe has lectured frequently on trial practice at conferences sponsored by the Louisiana Bar Association and the Louisiana Association of Defense Counsel. For five years, he also taught Trial Advocacy as adjunct faculty at Tulane Law School.
A Fellow of the American College of Trial Lawyers, Joe has also been selected by his peers as a “Best Lawyer” and a “Super Lawyer” for the past 15 years in varied fields of litigation, including “Bet the Company.” He is a true professional who knows how to resolve a case economically, efficiently and successfully.
- Louisiana: all courts
- United States District Courts: Eastern, Middle and Western Districts of Louisiana
- United States Court of Appeals: Fifth Circuit
- Tulane University, BA 1969
- Tulane University, JD 1974
- Fellow, American College of Trial Lawyers
- Best Lawyer (Bet-the-Company Litigation, Commercial Litigation, Personal Injury Litigation - Defendants, Product Liability - Defendants) 2003 - present
- Super Lawyer (Personal Injury Defense) 2007 - present
- AV® Rated by Martindale-Hubbell
- Louisiana Association of Defense Counsel
- Served in the past as a Director of the Association
- The Defense Research Institute
- New Orleans Association of Defense Counsel
- Louisiana State Bar Association
Tulane University, Adjunct Faculty Member for Trial Advocacy