Jimmy is a trusted advocate and counselor for his clients. Starting with the initial assignment, he realistically evaluates the exposure presented by every case, seeking the best possible result while avoiding unnecessary and costly litigation expenses.
Jimmy has a broad-based practice. In the litigation arena, he has led or assisted in trial efforts of his clients, including numerous cases tried to verdict, involving claims for personal injury, property damage, breach of contract and bad faith. Jimmy’s recent trial experience involves multiple trials involving exposures of several million dollars, presenting experts and company witnesses, cross-examining opponent executives and experts, and delivering closing argument. He has argued before the Louisiana Supreme Court and United States Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals, as well as other state appellate courts.
Outside of traditional litigation, Jimmy also serves as a legislature counselor to a client, providing legislative committee testimony and drafting amendments to proposed legislation in support of his client’s legislative agenda. Jimmy also has led pre-suit investigations requiring interaction with regulatory authorities, opposing and supporting experts and potentially impacted second and third parties.
- Louisiana: all courts
- Texas: all courts
- United States District Courts: Eastern, Middle, and Western Districts of Louisiana
- United States Court of Appeals: Fifth Circuit
- Pro Hac Vice: Eleventh Circuit Court of Appeals, Kansas, Southern District of Texas, Middle District of Florida
- Tulane University, BA 1999
- Louisiana State University, JD 2002
- Super Lawyers Rising Star 2012-2017
- Super Lawyers 2020 - present
- Best Lawyers 2018 - present (Mass Tort Litigation/Class Actions – Defendants and Personal Injury Litigation)
- Louisiana Association of Defense Counsel – Past Board Member and Current Officer
- International Association of Defense Counsel
- New Orleans Bar Association
- Louisiana State Bar Association
- Member of Redeemer Presbyterian Church (PCA)
- Xplore FCU Supervisory Committee Member
- Tulane Letterwinners Association and Green Wave Club Member
- Former Tulane Volunteer Alumnus of the Year
- Tulane Hall of Fame Committee Member
- Founding Member of Tax Exempt Non-Profit Benefiting Tulane Athletes