Matt Habig is a litigation Senior Counsel who concentrates his practice in the area of complex insurance coverage litigation, insurance contract disputes, natural gas liability, premises liability, transportation liability and product liability. Matt’s experience includes evaluating coverage for and litigating on behalf of primary and excess insurers. Matt also regularly defends natural gas distribution companies, utility construction engineers, manufacturers and business owners.
Matt has experience litigating complex insurance coverage issues, including coverage allocation among triggered insurers involving long tail liability, defense obligations for various types of policies, and the interpretation of policy exclusions. Matt has also done work on cases involving late notice issues and a policy’s scope of coverage. Matt’s diligence and attention to detail have made him a key player on small teams and in larger joint defense groups.
Matt has gained valuable experience in defending all stages of litigation, including multiple trials.
- Louisiana: all courts
- United States District Courts: Eastern, Middle and Western Districts of Louisiana
- United States Court of Appeals: Fifth Circuit
- Admitted pro hac vice in Mississippi and Oklahoma
- Vanderbilt University, BA 2011
- Tulane University, JD 2017
- Louisiana State Bar Association
- Louisiana Association of Defense Counsel