Scott’s primary practice is litigation, specializing in construction defect claims and environmental exposure. Having defended pipeline operators, local distribution companies and exploration and production companies in litigation and regulatory proceedings, he has considerable experience dealing with a wide range of issues involving natural gas companies.
With in-depth experience in appellate practice, Scott has prepared numerous writ applications to all Louisiana state courts of appeal and the Louisiana Supreme Court, and has successfully obtained emergency writ relief. He has also handled multiple appeals and oral arguments, successfully defending summary judgments and favorable verdicts.
- Louisiana: all courts
- United States District Courts: Eastern, Middle and Western District of Louisiana
- United States Court of Appeals: Fifth Circuit
- University of New Orleans, BGS 2001
- Loyola University of New Orleans School of Law, JD 2004
- Loyola Law Review 2002-2004
- Casenote Comment Editor, 2003-2004
- AV® Preeminent Rated by Martindale-Hubbell
- Defense Research Institute (DRI)
- Louisiana Association of Defense Counsel